As the chess player Beth Harmon in “The Queen’s Gambit“, Anya Taylor Joy brought back the ’60s fashion with mini dresses, A-line silhouettes, and preppy knits. Now, in her new project “A Night in Soho”, we’ll see the 25-year-old actress in a psychological horror film. Nevertheless, we’re sure the costume design will be fantastic as the movie tells the story of a young aspiring fashion designer who mysteriously enters 1960s London. She does it in the body of her idol, a glamorous singer played by Anya Taylor Joy, so get ready for some fabulous ’60s fashion style looks.
Anya Taylor Joy best red carpet looks
The talented actress also has a great sense of fashion. Consequently, her red carpet looks have a touch of Old Hollywood, and we see her in column gowns, sequins and flute sleeves in the best 1920s style. Although usually in romantic looks, Anya Taylor Joy also looks fab wearing more edgy fashion with a dash of punkish clubber, which she combines with dark purple lipstick.
- At the premiere of “Emma”, in Los Angeles, February 2020.
- Attending the BAFTA Film Awards in London, 2017.
- Looking like a goddess in Dolce & Gabbana at the Heavenly Bodies gala, Metropolitan Museum of Art, in 2018.
- At the 2017 THREE Empire Awards in London.
In New York, 2020.
- In New York for a special screening of “Emma”.
- “Emma” photocal in 2020.
- The “Glass” New York premiere in 2019.
- Attending the BAFTA Awards in London, 2018.
- And she can also go for a more modern and sleeker look like the black smoking dress she wore at the Elle Style Awards in 2017.
Anya Taylor Joy best relaxed fashion moments
When not on the red carpet, Anya Taylor Joy prefers comfortable styles, and easy-to-wear looks. And, of course, mini – really mini – dresses to show off her long legs. As for makeup, she says she only wears the Too Faced Better than Sex mascara and lipstick in her day-to-day life, and her favourite ones are the Charlotte Tilbury M.I.KISS and Maybelline Superstay Matte in Pioneer.
- Taylor Joy wears trackpants and on-trend Teva sandals; a laid-back outfit for a stroll in the streets of Los Angeles.
- Out and about ina a minimalist minidress paired with an oversized blazer and ankle boots.
Know a little more about Anya Taylor Joy
Born in Miami to an Argentinian father with English and Scottish roots and a British-Spanish mother, Anya Taylor Joy is the youngest of 6 children. Her parents were in the USA on holiday when she was born. Consequently, besides being British-Argentine, the actress also holds an American passport by chance. They lived in Argentina until she was six, when the family moved to London. The young girl wasn’t happy about that and refused to learn English, hoping to return to Argentina. Finally, she ended up learning the language with the help of Harry Potter books.
At the age of 16, she dropped out of school because of bullying. But her luck changed a year later when she was discovered by the founder of Storm Management outside the department store Harrods and became a model. Her breakthrough as an actress happened in 2015 with the horror film “The Witch”. Fast forward six years, and Time Magazine names Any Taylor Joy one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2021. Enhorabuena!
Finally, here are the best red carpet looks at the Cannes Film Festival.
Titlecollage @notoriousmag with an image from Last Night in Soho trailer