Claire Foy, our forever Queen, has been quite busy lately. The British actress has just signed on to star in the upcoming The Pisces, based on the same name’s critically-acclaimed novel. Additionally, Foy has finished shooting alongside James McAvoy, the remake of the French movie My Son. Facts speak louder than words, and Claire Foy is all about great performances.
For example, starring in First Man, where she plays the wife of Neil Armstrong (Ryan Gosling), she’s earned Golden Globe and BAFTA nominations. Certainly, Claire Foy won several awards for her role as the young Queen Elizabeth II in the Netflix series The Crown, like two Screen Actors Guild awards and a Golden Globe.
But Claire Foy is by far more than the sophisticated characters she plays. Besides being an actress and mother, she’s also a feminist, fighting against pay gaps. And, of course, she’s a style icon too. We have 10 facts about Claire Foy that you probably didn’t know:
- According to Claire, people barely recognise her in public. She claims to look too normal, like someone’s cousin or sister.
- Claire had a really rough time when she was a teenager. Back in high school, she had arthritis and was not able to do sports, and in her last year, they also found a tumour behind her eye. She had to get surgery and therapy and was, fortunately, able to recover.
- Although she starred in a Netflix series, she doesn’t use streaming services at home herself. In fact, Claire Foy does most of her movie watching on aeroplanes.
- The talented actress has not only played the Queen but also already met her once in 2012.
- Foy started filming The Crown just 4 months after giving birth to her daughter, Ivy Rose.
- Speaking of Ivy Rose, she was on set of The Crown many times and is a big fan of her mom’s charming co-star, Matt Smith. The mini-fan has even named a tree after him.
- For her role as Lisbeth Salander in The Girl in the Spider’s Web, Claire Foy had to do lots of training and working out as, in fact, she did most of the stunts herself.
- Foy is half Irish and the youngest of three children. She was born in Stockport and later moved to Buckinghamshire.
- The actress owns a Bechstein piano but cannot play because it stands right underneath her six-year-old daughter’s bedroom.
- From the third season of The Crown on, Olivia Colman replaces Foy as Queen Elizabeth II. Claire Foy, by the way, was super happy about this fact and said she would love to come to the set as a fan from then on.
All Photos @thecrownnetflix.