Ulyana Sergeenko became famous first as street style celebrity by the hands of Tommy Ton, when the photographer shot her wearing a Louis Vuitton and Richard Prince nurse ensemble. Since then, we can see her theatrical Soviet-inspired style everywhere in the blogosphere.
Ulyana Sergeenko is a Russian designer, 32 years old, born in a low middle class family then married a russian billionaire. Kind of we have heard this story before? Sure, but Ulyana seems to be different. Here are some curiosities on her:
– Sergeenko’s first couture purchase was an original Hubert de Givenchy dress, which she found scouring a London flea market when she was still a university student. She remains an avid flea market shopper.
– Her muses are her grandmother and Galliano.
– It’s important to Sergeenko not only to celebrate Russian culture but to support it: Her line is designed and produced entirely in Russia
– Contrary to the moneyed Russian style super-shopping social dilettantes, Sergeenko is known for her no-nonsense work ethic. “She is so not jet-set,” NataliaVodianova says. “She is a worker.”
– About Sergeenko well-heeled compatriots: “I hate those women! They can go to spas and go shopping all day while I’m here at work on some old dress.”she says…ok…, let’s see her creations:
Et voilá, the designer:
photo. Nick Suhkevich – models. Vika Falileeva, Natalia Goncharova – hair & make-up. Kostya Kochegov, Tima Leo.